WHY YOU SHOULD WARM UP?
Warming up prior to workout has many benefits, but primarily the main purpose is to prepare the body and the mind for more strenuous activity, increases the body's core temperature and body's muscles temperature. An effective warm up increases your heart rate and your respiratory rate.
BENEFITS OF WARM UP:
1. The prevention of injury
2. The improvement of performance
3. The reduction of muscle stiffness
4. Allows the heart rate get to a workable rate for beginning exercise
5. Increased blood flow through active tissues as local vascular beds dilate,
increasing metabolism and muscle temperatures
6. Facilitated oxygen utilization by warmed muscles because hemoglobin
releases oxygen more readily at higher muscle temperatures
7. Increased speed of contraction and relaxation of warmed muscles
8. Greater economy of movement because of lowered viscous resistance
within warmed muscles
9. Facilitated nerve transmission and muscle metabolism at higher temperatures.